1. My friend bought me this button
Hehe, I love it.
2. I average about 150 hits a day on this site, I’m often thinking, why do I do this? Does the number really matter? Who and am I doing this for? Why? It started out as having an outlet for my random intense brain-strangling thoughts about my life and bible studies and family.
And it still is, but I get lured by the world or what the world thinks. I justify by saying I want to get Gods Word out or glorify God. But really, its for me. To get all the thoughts out of my brain and down in a some what organized manner. So it will not explode.
Someday I would like to get this blog printed out in book form for my son. He doesn’t seem interested right now, but if I died, He might then. 😉
3. I mentioned awhile back there were some family struggles going on here and we are in a transitional period, meaning we are waiting on some outside circumstances to happen. Sort of like waiting on Gods timing, well, exactly like waiting on Gods timing. The waiting and anticipating is exhausting and irritating. We are being worn pretty thin, tempers flare, anxiety breeds depression and anger. We are finding it hard to wait on Gods time. When we, in particular, me, are forced to wait on things that are not in our/my control, it is maddening. But God knows and is working on me to accept His time and His providence for my/our lives.
4. In dealing with this family struggle, I have backslid a bit. I have went to the comfort of alcohol (and Tylenol PM) to tame my agitation and anxiety. My foul mouth appears more frequently and anger plays a major role in my life. Food is also a comfort, a temporary comfort. I so dislike trials and suffering (righteous and unrighteous suffering) but I know in my heart I must go through the refining. How else am I made in His likeness?
I’m looking forward to the end of it, to feeling like my faith is strengthened, (knowing, hopefully, that I reacted to all this in a godly way that showed His love). Like it is all worth the while to know I’m closer to Christ. I’m not sure if that’s wrong thinking….
5. My hubby seems to think I would be good for this job, so I am contemplating applying for it. I e-mailed for more info. This is my sons school, so I could keep an eye on him without too much of embarrassment to his young self.
Athletic Director’s Secretary
Description: The Tacoma Baptist Campus of South Sound Christian Schools is looking for a qualified person to assist our Athletic Director. The position begins August 18, 2008 and continues through the end of June, 2009.
Minimum Requirements:Must be a born again Christian who supports the doctrines and philosophy of South Sound Christian Schools. Must be able to perform general office duties and be knowledgeable in the use of Word, Excel, Outlook and data base computer applications. Must be able to multi-task. Employee must possess strong interpersonal relationship and people skills. Sports knowledge is a plus.
Salary: This is an hourly part-time position.
I don’t want this job. I don’t want a job. period. But since I complained about wanting a job a few months back, He is pushing me to apply for it. Now, as a wife who is supposed to be submissive to the her hubby, do I have to do what he says and apply for this job?
6. Summer time is stressful for me. This actually is hard for me to admit and I get so many negative reactions to it when I tell people.
Yes, I know I only have one kid. Yes, I know he is self-sufficient and 15 years old. Yes, I know I don’t have a job to worry about or child care. Yes, I know it’s a pride issue.
Its the change of my schedule that does it, I’m selfish for my quiet time. Now its gone during the summer. Its because I only have one child, he has no one to hang out with, when he was little, I was his buddy, his best friend (sad, but true) he never wanted to go to camp or summer programs, still doesn’t.
We manage but the anxiety, or should I say the needless worry I have overshadows the positive.
This summer adds another facet, teaching the boy to drive. Man-o-man. Pray for me!!! 🙂
7. I received an e-mail from someone indicating they see evidence in me of Gods grace and I have made an impact in their life, that even when I struggle I evidence His reality.
My response to the e-mail:
Most times our own evidences of grace are not seen clearly. The lens of our own eye is clouded with past sins and doubts of ever being sanctified. Its always so weird to hear others say I’ve changed. Altho I know in general I’m different. I still struggle with the little every day sins, the ones that always just pop out of the mouth or slap me in the face. Sometimes I wish God would bring more compliments into my life, but then if He did, I would become proud, more proud. So, like Mary, I cherish the comments in my heart and savor them when I’m extremely in need of encouragement.
8. I have received 2 comments concerning veganism/vegtarianism. One person sent me this site
Christian Vegetarian Association FAQ page. I skimmed it and came to the conclusion that the scriptures references do not give a clear indication that God and Jesus want us to be vegetarians or meatless eaters. My comment back to this person as follows:
~~thanks for the info. i don’t read in the bible where we are supposed to be vegetarians or vegans. And we, humans, are the only creatures created in Gods image, therefore considered ’special, ‘loved’, ‘protected’. In the New test. we are told any animals are clean to eat.
I have no problem with the eating of meat, but the way people kill animals, and the over killing of animals and the improper handling of all things animal is wrong.
We are NOT to satisfy our gluttonous sinful self with cosmetics and detergents (tested on animals and animal products used in), furs and animal oriented entertainment or the overkilling of animals and the huge amount of waste of food in general in this country.
We are to take care of our bodies because it is the temple of the Holy Spirit, we are to take care of our bodies to be healthy enough to do what God and Jesus commands us to do, take care of widows and orphans and go preach the good news to the ends of the earth. If we are sick and fat and lazy and only concerned with what goes into our faces, then we can NOT do what Jesus tells us. I appreciate the website link and will look more into it but from what I read just from the FAQ page, its not a convincing argument for me to say, “Yes, God says we should NOT eat meat” Blessings, Kristina
The other one is from a good friend who says he just doesn’t get it and finds it a hardship dealing with his lactose intolerant kids, my comment back:
~~yeah, you missed a post or two.
here is what started it
i refuse to eat anything that cries out in pain. sorry.
Actually its not that bad, true i must eat lots of soy and veggies, but with some practice i can get it to taste good. (soy sauce is amazing) you can substitute cocoa powder for most of the choc baked things and as you can see from all the pics (check the flickr site) there is some good stuff out there. I’ve tried so many different things and realized they are tasty. mind you, some of the stuff is just ok and most of it can be bland, but there is so many options and we are saving money not buying so much meat. I’m not yet totally vegan, I still like cheese and sour cream. Soy cheese is the worst.
vegan is a lifestyle not just an eating style. I am slowing getting rid of animal products in all my life and products tested on animals and with animal products in them.
If you watch the video you will see what i mean.
One must eat to live not live to eat, my friend.
i just got back some lab results and i’m the healthiest I ve ever been, im also overweight, i have a registered dietitian setting up an eating plan for me.
Im also trying to be healthy to stave (spelling?) off some of the genetic problems the women in my family have. i want to be able to grow old gracefullyand useful to the Kingdom.
hope that helps. Kristina
I am finding this extremely weird that others would be so down on me for eating in this manner. Why is it so hard to comprehend? Because they don’t eat like me? Because I’m ‘saying something’ (by taking a stand) to them about themselves? Obviously these 2 people above aren’t ‘down’ on me, but others have been. I’ve even been told I need to be talked to….hmmm, I wonder what that’s about? 😉
Anyway, thats my life lately. Prayers are appreciated and coveted.